Matthias Naeschke – NL 125 GG
The three-week clock with a 1 ¼ -second pendulum and free gravity escapement is a clock, the likes of which have never been seen before in this design, construction and quality.
The innovative design of Matthias Naeschke goes to show that the potential for further developments in the field of mechanical precision clocks is far from exhausted. The combination of the finest of materials with first-class clock-making guarantees durable clocks with lasting value for generations.
The technical highlight of this clock is an extremely robust gravity escapement, especially developed by Matthias Naeschke. Four heavy, circular ruby pallets work with the escape wheel without dynamic unlocking problems. Neither the energy flow of the train, with only two transmission ratios, nor the ambient temperature have any influence. Gravity is the only influence on the two arms of the lever and the two precisely adjustable impulse arms, thus ensuring that the amplitude of the pendulum is permanently constant. This ideal situation is the prerequisite for making a true precision clock out of a mechanical clock.
The hand-engraved, massive (1.5 mm) sterling-silver dial, blued, pierced hands, polished, gold-plated brass components, large rubies and a fine, stained cherry-wood case with unostentatious intarsia and silver veins combine to make up a single stylistic unit. The aesthetics of this long case clock convey the feeling of harmony. The 1.77-meter pendulum sways solemnly yet soothingly.
You can tell the time precisely and at the same time feel what time really means.
- Matthias Naeschke caliber 125
- Power reserve 21 days
- Weight drive with pulley
- Skeletonized main plates of 4 mm brass and 5 solid pillars
- All brass parts are mirror polished and gilded
- Pinions and arbors hardened and polished
- Free gravity escapement with 4 round ruby pallets
- Compensation pendulum beating 1 ¼ seconds
- 6 precision ball bearings, 9 ruby bearings
- Hand-engraved chapter ring of 1,5mm sterling silver
- Flame-blued hands
- Balanced seconds hand
- The seconds hand makes one revolution in four minutes
- On request flame-blued spade hands are available
- Cherry wood with a special “Matthias Naeschke” dark stained satin varnish
- Despite the dark varnish, the wood structure is still visible
- Different wood types and colours are available
- Glass frames in silver or gold colour possible
- 4 bevelled glasses
- Maquetry of ebony in the back wall
- Height x width x depht: 205 x 40 x 22 cms
We offer different possibilities for individualization. The movements can be refined in yellow gold, rhodium or rose gold. The wooden cases can be adapted to existing interior fittings.